I am so thankful and honored that Frantic Mama has nominated my blog to receive the Liebster Award! If you are new to blogging like me, I quickly googled and learned that the Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. It is a way to pay it forward as each nominee must nominate others in turn. Think of it as a way to discover new blogs.
There are a few rules which apply to those nominated:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to their blog.
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know they have been nominated by notifying them on their blog.
Here are the 10 questions that Frantic Mama asked me:
1. What’s your favorite t.v. show or movie? My all time favorite movie Gone With the Wind. I can pretty much quote the entire thing. My favorite show is True Blood. There is just something about those vampires…
2. What’s your biggest guilty pleasure? It has to be watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette on TV. I get so sucked in!
3. If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why? I would have to go back in time and meet Marie Antoinette. I am slightly infatuated with her and can’t read or watch enough about her. Plus, she had an amazing collection of shoes.
4. What’s your trick for getting through one of those days when you feel like you might just lose it? I am addicted to Wintogreen Lifesavers. I chew them feverishly if I am stressed out and tell myself it will all be over with soon. Plus, there is always wine at the end of the day…
5. Are you a cat person or a dog person? I like other peoples dogs or cats but not for me.
6. If you could have (for free): a personal chef, full-time cleaning person, or a private chauffer, which would you choose and why? I will take the full-time cleaning person! Do I win this with the award? I actually enjoy cooking and I’m a horrible back seat driver.
7. Where is your dream vacation going to be (someday!!)? I am going to go on a tour through England, France and Italy. I have all of the cities already mapped out. I have also planned which wine or port I am buying in each location.
8. Coffee or tea (or neither?!)? COFFEE!!! Every morning or I am a nightmare!
9. What is your must-have beauty product? Lancome Bifacil eye makeup remover. It is the only thing that gets it all every time! I would also say low lighting can work wonders!
10. What is the cutest thing your kid(s) has ever said to you? She has said so many things but I will go with the time she told me she was so devastated because of the giant salami that hit Japan and caused so much water damage.
I would now like to pay it forward and recognize (in no particular order) these fellow bloggers. They have inspired me, made me laugh and made me think. Many of them are not new to blogging but they are new to me! If you already have the Liebster Award – you deserve it twice! I may not always get to comment when I want to on your blogs but I pinky promise to be better.
(I am basing the 200 followers on Bloglovin’ or twitter)
1. Lizzi at Considerings
2. Kelly at My Twice Baked Potato
3. Dyanne at I Want Backsies
4. Martha and Ruth at Walk a Mile in My Issues
5. Shannon at Trashcan Muffin
6. Sarah at Betty Cupcakes
7. Chris at The Mom Cafe
8. Lauren at Not a Perfect Mom
9. Katie at Mumz the Word Blog
10. t at Happy Soul Project
Here are your 10 questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Where is your happy place?
3. What one place would you like to visit and why?
4. Are you a photographer or mental memory keeper?
5. What is your favorite family activity?
6. Red or White Wine?
7. Who is your favorite Disney character and why?
8. What movie can you watch over and over again?
9. Sweet or salty?
10. What three words would sum up today?
To my fellow nominees, if this is too overwhelming for you or you if you feel like it is a creepy chain letter – no biggie! Just consider it as me giving props to you and your blogs. If you choose to accept this fine award, please follow through and I can’t wait to read your answers!
Once again, thank you Frantic Mama. Thank you for being there and appreciating my sarcastic sense of humor.