We just spent a week in Disney World and I have made some pet peeve observations. I have assembled a list of helpful tips so that you don’t become a Disney Dope. I think some people just make it harder on themselves and other people by not following some simple directions. I am a Disney Expert – don’t question it – just bask in my knowledge and you will be on your way to one Magical Day!
I will start off by telling you that my family is a bunch of Disney Fanatics. I know way too much about the parks and we love every minute of being there. This is not true for everyone. Several of my friends don’t understand why we keep going back. I tell them that you either get it or you don’t. They don’t.
If you don’t understand what rope drop, FP, BTMRR, EMH, AP, DTD, MNSSHP or ToT mean….you may not get it either. That’s ok! This is the language I speak with a select few of my friends and family because they do get it.
Here is a list of my major Disney Pet Peeves:
1. Do NOT under any circumstance approach the Fast Past entrance of a line without having your Fast Passes out and ready to show! Keep it moving people! Keep it moving!
2. If it says “No Stroller Parking” then that is exactly what it means. They really can’t say it any clearer. Yes, your stroller will be moved when you come back to look for it. Please don’t take it out on the Cast Member who is in charge of keeping the strollers organized.
3. Do NOT step off the bus at the park and immediately stop to open up your stroller. Did you not just hear the friendly recording say to step away from the bus and open your stroller? You are blocking the way!
4. If you are entering a row in a theater and the Cast Member says to keep moving and not stop in the middle of the row… wait for it…wait for it…you guessed it! Keep Moving and Don’t Stop in the Middle of the Row! You gotta time your entry…hang back and then enter after some people have gone ahead of you. Think it through people!
5. Don’t hop the chains in a line to get ahead of people who are following directions and walking through the line. It just makes you look like an ass. Did you really buy that much more time by getting ahead of 1 family? No, you didn’t. Relax! They are not handing out money – it’s a ride!
6. If there is a clear line for families waiting to meet a character and take a picture, don’t shove your child in front of the character and pretend like you didn’t know. Lines work the same all over the world…you know what you just did. You know.
7. Don’t leave your trash on a table in a counter service restaurant when you are done. Disney has garbage cans every 15 feet! You are not leaving a tip so please throw that shiz away yourself.
8. Don’t purposefully block children from seeing a show or parade. I realize that you paid just as much money (or more) to see these things but you are taller. You can see over the child. Make the child’s day by letting them in front of you. Karma will reward you!
9. Don’t smoke outside of the designated smoking areas. If my child gets burned on your cigarette, you will experience your worst nightmare to the tenth power…and then some.
10. Finally, if being at the Happiest Place on Earth still leaves you with a Grumpy attitude…get some alcohol and drink until you are Happy. They now sell spirits in all 4 Disney parks – so drink up and enjoy!
These are just the major points. What did I miss? I would love to add them to my list.
Have a Magical Day!